This recipe is from one of our great customers – Brenda Scourfield
- 1 x Ish Fish Pie Mix
- 1 pint of milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 – 6oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped leak
- 1 bay leaf
- Mashed potato
- Salt and pepper
- Place pie mix in an oven proof dish with the bay leaf and cover with the milk (you don’t have to use the whole pint).
- Put in the oven at 180 degrees until the fish is cooked.
- Cook and mash the potatoes.
- Fry the leek in some butter and stir in the cornflour. Add the milk that the fish was cooked in and any milk left out of the pint. Stir continuously until it begins to thicken, then add the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pie mix. Turn the mixture into an oven proof pie dish and top with the mashed potato.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top – I like to add a sprinkling of cayenne pepper.
- Put in the oven at 180-200 degrees for about 35-40 minutes, until the top is browning and mix is bubbling. It’s best to put it on a baking tray!
- Serve with some peas and a wedge of lemon.