The Ish Fish Captain Box is our VIP, packed with a variety of the freshest, best quality seafood available from Grimsby Fish Market that day. Our trusted merchants carefully select oily, white and flatfish that is perfect for creating flavour-packed, nutritious meals. Captain Box typically includes:
- 4 salmon portions (salmo salar)
- 2 smoked haddock portions (melanogrammus aeglefinus)
- 2 sea bass fillets (dicentrarchus labrax)
- 2 swordfish steaks (xiphias gladius)
- 2 halibut loin steaks (hippoglossus hippoglossus)
- 250g cod cheeks (as close as we can get) (gadus morhua)
- 160g pack of sliced smoked salmon (salmo salar)
However, if there’s a particular fish you just have to have – or simply don’t want – just let us know and we’ll tailor your order. We could also find that one of the species listed above hasn’t landed that day, so we’ll always make sure that you receive another portion that is equal in both value and quality.
A GUIDE TO PORTION SIZES:
- One portion will make one meal for one person
- A fillet will make two to three portions
- A pie mix will feed between four and six people
It's recommended that we eat at least two portions of fish per week, and one should be oily. Fish is high in protein, making it great for muscle repair and growth, and a brilliant source of Omega-3, which is anti-inflammatory and helps with heart health. Plus, it's packed full of vitamins and minerals.
Each and every piece of fish is expertly filleted and packaged into portion sizes so you can easily plan, store and prep your meals for the week.
We recommend that somebody is home to accept your order so it can be stored in the fridge or freezer as soon as possible. Otherwise, tell us where you'd like us to leave your Ish Fish Box - somewhere cool, dry and safe. If you pop your fish straight into the freezer to defrost at a later date, do not refreeze. This is how you should be storing your seafood.
Not suitable for someone with a fish allergy.