2 fresh skate wings
2 tbsp plain flour
Juice of 1 small lemon
1 tbsp Demerara sugar
50ml white wine
1 x shallot (finely diced)
2 tbsp Capers, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dust your skate in the flour and shake of the excess
- in a bowl add your capers, lemon juice, shallots, sugar and wine.
- in a large pan add a splash of vegetable oil
- place in skate wings and cook on a medium/high heat for 1-2 minutes , may have to do one at a time if your pan isn’t big enough.
- once cooked carefully transfer to a plate.
- in the same hot pan on a high heat pour in your caper mix
- let the mix reduce by half
- add your butter and continue to cook on a high heat continuously moving the pan
- once your butter has turned to a golden brown nutty colour take off the heat and add your parsley
- pour over your skate wings, season with salt and pepper and serve with fries