2 x fillets Yellow smoked haddock (halved)
1 x banana shallot (halved and thinly sliced)
170g x Wild mushroom (chopped and picked)
100g x Spinach
1 x Garlic clove (crushed )
200ml x double cream
90g x salted butter
50ml x white wine
Salt & pepper
- Set oven 190*c
- line baking tray with parchment paper and lay haddock skin side down.
- evenly spread 20g of butter in thin slice’s over the haddock
- bake for 10 minutes
- add shallots and garlic to hot pan a cook until softened on medium/high heat
- add 20g butter continue to cook
- add mushroom and cook for further 2 mins
- add wine and reduce by half
- add cream reduce until it’s nice and silky and coats the mushrooms
- season to taste
- set aside
- in a separate pan add the remaining butter and melt on a medium heat.
- add spinach and cook for 30 seconds until wilted.
Spoon the mushrooms onto your plates, lay two pieces of fish on each and top with your spinach.
For that extra richness add a soft poached egg.